The 2021 Desertification and Drought Day on 17 June will focus on turning degraded land into healthy land. Restoring degraded land brings economic resilience, creates jobs, raises incomes and increases food security. It helps biodiversity to recover. It locks away the atmospheric carbon warming the Earth, slowing climate change. It can also lessen the impacts of climate change and underpin a green recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
We invite you to join our fun-packed and educative celebration of this year’s Desertification and Drought Day. There is something for everyone – from heads of state to children.
We are also inviting you to share the program with your colleagues, friends, family and partners, and invite them to join in. The program will feature live virtual events and an online program streamed via UNCCD social media.
- World leader’s high-level forum, titled, “Restoration. Land. Recovery.” convened by the President Carlos of Costa Rica (Streamed via Facebook)
- Launch of the Global Assessment Report on Drought by renown subject experts. Register here: Webinar
- A talk show
- Music, film and dance shows
- Children’s program with a music presentation and a one-day challenge for children
- Thematic panels
- Announcement of the winner of the Land for Life Award
- Video messages from special guests
- Media Assets
- social media assets for outreach, including virtual reality assets: https://trello.com/b/KdB8v0nV/desertification-and-drought-day-2021. Share our social media posts:
- twitter: https://twitter.com/UNCCD/status/1404677105586257922?s=20
- facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UNCCD/posts/10159495911124085
- linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6810443028558360576
- instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQISqMtnwiw
- Tik Tok dance challenge: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMd8DH367
- Press kit with film footage (b-roll) and photographs: https://bit.ly/3iILj4w
A run-down of the full day program and products will be available here: https://www.unccd.int/actions17-june-desertification-and-drought-day/2021-desertification-and-drought-day
The event will be streamed via the UNCCD Facebook, YouTube and Twitter accounts. @unccd
The event will be stream via the UNCCD Facebook, YouTube and Twitter accounts. @unccd
NGO and Civil Society Liaison Officer
United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)